Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Feeling better

Okay so I am over it. I decided to have a long island ice tea and 2 beers.
Went to the kareoke bar, laughed until my face hurt, and came home.

Today is a much better day!

So I know most everybody out there {hearts} V-day but I on the other hand think it is stupid and dumb....it's a racket for the candy makers and the flower people and the people that make those stupid stuffed animals to make a boo koo amount of money. If you can't shower me with love and gifts throughout the year and cards just because then don't bother at all on the 1 day. That's just my views on it! At least I am married to a man that buys me things just because. That's a good thing. Flowers! DO NOT send me flowers I hate them and that is a waste of good money that I could have about some M-A-C or scrappy supplies or stamps with. They die in 2-3 days. M-A-C and scrappy's last a long time.

Anyone else with me? or am I the only one who hates v-day.

Did I mention it's stupid? Just checking...If I didn't now you know!

Happy Wednesday!
xoxox
G

12 comments:

sarah said...

I would say Happy Valentine's Day to you but apparently you think it's stupid? :) I actually like V-day, but only becuase I like all the pink and red hearts everywhere...i'm girly like that. As far as spending lots of money on flowers and candy.....i prefer to give/receive cute undies :) But that's just me....

Allison Rankin said...

Hilarious...I share many of your sentiments...I think I am just too tired to be this passionate about it though!

sarah said...

I could take it or leave it...

But I do agree that if you can't tell someone you love them on any other day than V-day than it's stupid.

Cheryl Wray said...

I DO think that it's a big marketing ploy to sell cards and candy BUT I love fresh flowers in my house!!! And it gives us an excuse to find a day out ofour busy lives to go out to dinner together.But,you're right--getting gifts just BECAUSE is SO much better!!!!
Oh, and I do love all the red and pink everywhere. Makes me smile for some reason!
Even though you hate it, i'm still saying Happy Val Day!! LOL!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

And oh, I agree that a Long Island tea always makes me things better!!

Latharia said...

I love Valentine's Day. I don't buy into the commercial aspects of it ... and my DH DEFINITELY does an outstanding job of celebrating our romance the whole year through. And I love flowers. "Highly impractical. They'll only die within a week." But isn't everything fleeting? If we truly embrace it, even for a short period of time, who cares? Bring on the tulips, hyacynths, and daisies! :)

angieoh! said...

I don't hate it - but don't really love it either! :) I guess I don't feel real strongly about it either way. I like sweet things but my husband is pretty sweet most of the time!

hope you have a fun day - not for valentines, but just because it sounds like you need a little fun!!

elizabeth said...

oh i love what latharia said!! bring on the daisies :)

as you already know, i love valetine's day but b/c it is in the same month as the best day of the year, it tends to take a backseat to that.

but you know me. i love all things romantic. i love wondering if the hubby is going to send me flowers or what on this day. i love the handmade valetines the kids come home with. i love the candy that is out. i love seeing all the men walking out of walmart carrying their balloons and bouquets of flowers.

yeppers, i love valentine's day :)
(but not as much as what wonderful holiday is approaching us in 12 long days ;)

Greta Adams said...

all ya'll are suckers....LMAO!!!!

Anonymous said...

long island ice teas cure any type of emtional distresses.
happy valinetines day

=)

Unknown said...

I loathe Valentine's Day! Always have, always will. It gives men permission to be sweet one day a year (two if you buy into the Sweetest Day crap). I would so much prefer a little something on any 'ol Wednesday because they want to and not HAVE TO. I'll have to get a man first....LOL
I'm with ya girl!

Anonymous said...

It's my sister's birthday and her Anniversary. I kinda forget it's also V-day. I did get one Valentine yesterday, from Jake. How sweet is that?!?