Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Playing catch up

I just find that I seriously have to make time to blog and I don't like that. I don't like not being able to post regularly so my post aren't so stinking long. To sum it up here it goes:

Trendy Tuesday this week was about your hands...OH GOOD LORD!!
My hands are terrible...in fact...they are horrific....now these pictures actually make my hands and fingers look better than they really are...(just ask elizabeth)

I have this problem with chewing my nails..not only the nails but the skin around them. I have done that for as long as I can remember. I did however one time let my nails grow out and they were beautiful...i have pretty nail beds and gorgeous nails..when i am not tearing them to shreds. I peel the skin back until they bleed and I will tear layer after layer off of them. Hang skin is a no no....i have been known to rip someone's hang skin right off their fingers if I see it. I think it is gross and it shouldn't be there so I take it upon myself to take care of it for them. My skin up to my first knuckle is very scarred up from me "mutilating" (as oneil call it) myself for all these years. The most FAQ i get is...don't that hurt...answer...NO IT DOESN'T...i have done it for so long i am use to the pain..if any...the only healing rest my fingers and nails get is while i am sleeping and truth be know i probably bite and pick in my sleep. Now here is the kicker...I do not bite my nails or peel my skin when i have acrylic nails on...strange huh? Does anyone else have this problem? Just curious if I am the only whack that does.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(these pics were taken by Mason so sorry for the quality also my hands were semi-healed by the time i got around to taking them)
Sometimes I get a little self concious about it but not always...i don't really care. With that being said that takes me to the quote for today over at fancy simple.
Basically who am I:
I am a confident girl with a fun loving spunky personality. I am gemini so there is always room for that evil twin to appear and believe me she does. Quite often actually! :) I shoot it from the hip, tell you like it is and i damn sure don't sugar coat anything. I am not very tactful about the way I say things which for people who don't know me always take it the wrong way. They find out real quick though that is just me and they all accept it. If they don't like it so what. What you see is what you get with me. I don't put on airs, I don't think I am better than anyone else, I don't care what people think of me and I damn sure don't care about being in some popularity contest. I am very forgetful, I repeat my self on occasion and my brain is steady going 90 to nothing thinking about 50 things at one time. I am pretty much a laid back go with the flow spur of the moment kinda gal but get me fired up and I will tear you a new one in a heart beat.

So with all that being said on my little tangent what about you..What kinda person are you? Hope on over to Fancy Simple and take the challenge.

I have done a little crafting this week...not as much as I wanted but the week is still young. My grandmother and O'Neil's grandmother's birthday was this week so I whipped out some cards and sent them on their way. I made them just alike so I didn't have to think to terribly much.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are the goodies I bought from Noel. She is a blog buddy of mine I met through ScrapJazz and she is one cool chick. She has her own online store with some very cute things in it so me being me...one can't resist cute scrappy supplies. Anyone interested in checking it out her store is here go check it out and buy some things. She just recently returned from CHA so I will be keeping my eyes peeled for some of the few yummy things I saw at CHA through different sneek peeks.

Have a great one and I promise I will not have anymore of these long post.

10 comments:

Bare said...

Yay! I'm first! *Rubbing clove oil all over your fingers* You've gotta stop biting those! My friend, Susan, is the same way. Her poor fingernails and fingers have been chewed something horrible!

My nails just won't grow, so I keep acrylics on mine. I'll bite my nails, but I'm not a chewer. I hate clove oil (after having a dry socket when I had my wisdom teeth removed, I will NEVER use that shit again). Anyway, use something that tastes horrible, that might help! :0)

Jana said...

First of all, have fun playing with your new scrap goodies!! Second, your poor hands, Sweetie! You have to stop that!!

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Well, I don't bite my nails, per se, but I bite hangnails off whenever I see them. And I absolutely hate that I can't bite close enough to the skin to get them off completely with no little nubble left. I probably should invest in a pair of "cuticle nipper" thingies but just don't seem to ever get there.

My nails usually look like hell even though I don't chew them though - all uneven lengths because I've usually got my hands into so many things I can't be bothered to manicure them properly!

Oh, and I've been meaning to say this, btw, for your last several posts - what beautiful scrap work!!

Adrienne said...

Girlie, stop biting on the nails...have fun with your goodies. I LOVE tim holtz ink!

Renee said...

Yikes, it hurts me just to look at your hands. You need to cut that out, Greta 'cause you really do have nice hands.
(have I ever told you that whenever I type your name I type 'Great' first and then have to correct it?!)

angieoh! said...

yikes - girl - that is a serious hand problem, have they ever gotten infected? How do you type if they are all torn uP???

Thanks for playing in our challenges... love to have you on board!

Unknown said...

stop biting girl! You better slather those babies with something and put on gloves before bed. Then they will heal as you sleep and you can start all over again in the morning.
Can't wait to see what is in that little bo ho box and what you do with it!

Latharia said...

I know of others who get acrylic nails and stop "picking," so no, you're not alone!

Love your honest, self-less blogging! :) GENUINE!! Sweet! :D

LOVE the Tiara pic for your header!

Noel said...

Hey girly. Thanks for the shout out! Hope you enjoy your goodies! I have to tell you how much I am loving my Stampin' Up chipboard! I'm inking it and it looks so cool! I know it would look great with the heat and stick and glitter too, but I'm still perfecting my technique! I made this card with it. http://www.noelmignon.com/store/show/491

New goodies will be arriving soon! I'll let you know.

elizabeth said...

oh girl, if only they knew how good those pictures look compared to the real deal! like i've got room to talk, but mine are no where near as bad.

love the goodies...can't wait to see em in person. lets hope some of em don't run off the counter and jump right into my purse :)