Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Weekend Warrior

So this weekend i have been busy...super busy....i decided last week while at work i would take on a project....
I wanted to repaint my formal dining room (who needs that shit anyway...seriously!!)
to a different color so i could move my scraproom in there. It was the same color as my current scraproom...that burgandy red color..blech! I decided i wanted it to be green (sea green to be exact) the color is on the 5th row down and the 9th one over here i love green...all shades of green..anyway i am getting sidetracked...my accent color i chose chocolate brown. Beofre I moved in my new room i wanted to rip up the carpet and lay new floor down but oneil wants to wait until next year to do that so we atarted moving my stuff in. I am 80-90% moved with the exception of all the shit that was on my floor in piles and my shelves. those still need to be moved. he surprised me by getting my flourescent lighting and putting it up for me as well.

this is not a good pic but you can get the just of everything going on
Photobucket
...when it is complete i will take more pics for now i need to organize and clean it up because lord knows unless Simone is coming with the video camera it will never look this "clean". I am a messy scrapper...i like to make a huge mess and i just can't seem to clean up after myself because then i lose the flow of creativity when it is too clean.

The only thing i got organized in that whole room was my thickers...what can i say...i am a thicker lover, whore, hoarder, whatever you want to call it that is me...just ask anyone they will tell ya...a girl can't have to many thickers..
Photobucket
speaking of thickers it killed me this week at SYC. i had to break out the foam stamps and use them instead of my beloved thickers... {deep sigh} it was fun though.
go play! dust off those foam stamps you know you had to have and play along with us.
this is my layout
Photobucket
LMAO!

I'll be back later this week with more post now that my buddy simone enlightened me on the fact that you can do your post in advance and have them automatically post themselves...i knew typepad had that feature but i didn't know blogger did...wooo hooooo! now i might blog more often...lol

love to you all kids!
**muah**

18 comments:

Micayla said...

Girl you make me laugh..........Love the new scraproom and that colour is darling and that layout, well another giggle from me, but I love it xx

Noel said...

I love green so much and thats a really nice shade!! Almost every room in my house has touches of green. I LOVE it!!

And your thicker storage is so nice and organized.....mine are in one the the 300 piles on my desk. This summer I VOW to organize!

Whitney said...

I really like the new color. I'm so jealous that you have a whole craft room! :)

Kate said...

Woahh! That's a lot of Thickers. :) Love the new wall color & that layout is great!

liz mataraza said...

love all the neatly organized thickers! i don't see them ever going the way of foam stamps, do you?

lovin' the green. and brown as an accent would kick ass! i have some super perfect fabric for these colors if you ever wanted to make a pillow for those wee-morning-hour scrap sessions?

Anonymous said...

LMAO..girl that LO is hilarious WOW, and yes DUDE looked like a LADY fa-sho. Okay so back to that massive room of yours and I love the color of course, that turned out really nice, me and you can go on the thickers dont you just love those suckers..girl they are so addictive and there are new ones coming out ..

Lisa said...

I love me some thickers, too...aren't they the greatest!

Michele Kovack said...

Love the new room!!!! I am such a slob too when I create! Right now there is literally no walking space on my floor.....yes, I have a desk but that is covered too! Love the LO too!!! (Hey, uploaded last week's challenge, but it hasn't been posted yet....)

Dawn Knapp said...

I'm jealous you have a whole craft room to yourself. So not fair! Lucky girl.

elizabeth said...

oh i can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new scraproom!! Gorgeous color, one of my favorites! And who cares if the room is messy? Call it a creative mess!

Unknown said...

looks great, love the GREEN!
And you do own an insane amount of thickers...seriously!

Renee said...

I love your green! Great choice.

ellen s. said...

you are so funny. sorry i haven't come to visit, i miss all the fun. i have to laugh at your thicker organization. i like it. need to steal it. have mine in a 12x12 thingy and they all stick together!

michelle sturgeon said...

How awesome-a new stamping studio for you! Love the green!

Anna M said...

Love the color!

Aren't Trannys the best?!

TanishaRenee said...

Lovin' the color!

**** April **** said...

COPYCAT BITCH! LOL.. I'm painting my scrap room GREEN TOO! LOL... hooker... now we're twinkies... gonna have to kiss me now. ROFL..

and your dude looks like a lady.. is that really a dude? If so, I really hate that they can be prettier than we are!