Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Mario Bros. Quilt

Mason is a HUGE HUGE HUGE Mario junkie. He apparently takes after my brother who is 26 and still hasn't outgrown mario since he was 4 {deep sigh} anyhoo! I decided a while back that I was going to redo Mason's room to be Mario.

Elizabeth sent me a link for a quilt she saw online and it was cute but it needed some modifications for my liking. So that is just what i did. This is my first attempt at making a quilt. I will post periodically througout the process. If all goes well i suppose i shall make my brother one for Christmas as well.

After cutting out 1032 2.5 inch squares while watching the Bachlorette (yes i love trash t.v) i am now wondering what the hell i have got myself into. But i shall move forward.

Wish me luck :)


4 comments:

Tara said...

That's a lot of little squares. Better you than me babe. I guess I just don't like my kids that much! Haha!

BRANDY said...

OMG! such a cool quilt! I just made my first quilt a couple months ago. I used YouTube to learn how to quilt it myself after i was done with the top part and to bind the edges. not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I am sure yours is going to be amazing. Very Cool!

Shanna said...

i'm designing a mario bros. quilt for jerrett for his xmas! we bought all the old school versions of mario for the wii and he's become obsessed! i'm going to buy these wall decals too: http://www.whatisblik.com/shop/explore/super-mario-bros

Regan said...

sweetness....You'll do fine...swollen finger and all---I just did 2 quilts recently--I have NEVER even been into sewing before

cant wait to see the final project!!