Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Mason

As I sit here and type this it just melts my heart to know that my baby boy turned 5 today. I reflect back on the day he was born and just cannot believe how fast time has gone by. the thought of him starting kindergarten just eats me up. He is excited to go to "big boy" scholl but momma is not. When they start school that is it. What innocence they have will be lost. My biggest fear is when will he really find out there is NO santa claus? I know that is crazy to worry about but isn't that what having kids is all about? Isn't it all about the make believe and seeing their face light up on christmas or easter or when the tooth fairy leaves them money? Oh well what can ya do?

This morning we got up and he saw his present on the table. His daddy bought him that double decker or double something blow up water slide that is like 6 or 7 feet maybe even 8 feet tall. heck I don't know I do know it is BIG! The first thing he said this morning was OH I LOVE IT. YOUR the best mom. I said aw thanks buddy but daddy bought you that. He said aww but YOUR still the best. I said "shhh! we don't tell daddy that" he chuckled and ran to the room to wake up O'Neil and give him hugs kisses and thanks for his awesome present. I will post pics of his "awesome present" later tonight. Until then here are some of my favorites of my little man!
I love you Mason Bryce!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

13 comments:

Crafty Connie said...

What a handsome young man.
Happy Birthday Mason!!!

P.S. What do you MEAN there is NO Santa Claus??

Unknown said...

Don't be spreading that lie that there isn't a santa this way, my kid still believes and so do I.
Happy Bday Mason....presents are coming, I swear!

elizabeth said...

happy bday my lil may-may!!!

i too can't get over how fast time has gone. hell, he was only 10 mos. old when we became friends and there wasn't a bella and melana yet.

give him a big old kiss from biz!

oh and don't worry about the santa thing. a few weeks back mikey told me that some kids were saying that there wasn't a santa and i asked him what he thought and said and he said "yeah there is".

however, the other night he was in bed with me and of course we were watching law and order and a comment was made about no tooth fairy. i cringed and waited for him to say something. he didn't, so hopefully he didn't catch it. and if he did, here's hoping he thinks we're the coolest parents ever for giving him soo stinking much for each tooth he has lost :)

Adrienne said...

Awww, Happy Birthday to Mason! He is SO cute!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Happy birthday Mason! He is one of my favorites and I see a LOT of kids every day!!

Cinderella said...

I know what you mean! Kindergarten was the hardest year of my life!! My daughter is doing full day kindergarten from 9am till 3:30pm. Letting her venture off into the cruel world was really hard for me. Our instincts are set to protect them. She is still as sweet and as innocent as ever. I worry about first grade now!! lol

Her last day of school is June 7th, her Birthday is June 8th (she turns 6) and her party is the 9th. I will be celebrating so much that day. The fact that the hardest year of my life went better then I thought and the fact that my baby is another year older.

You will get through it. Just believe that you have instilled the values and beauty that he will always carry with him. You will always be with him!!

Happy Birthday cutie Pie!!

Cinderella said...

P.S. *DROOL* LOL!! (You know what I am drooling about) haha

Cheryl Wray said...

They just get TOO big TOO fast, don't they??? Such cute pictures!!!!!

Chriselda said...

dude!
that kid is goooooolooking!
and o'neil is HAWT girl...
send him my way!
look at those dimples!
no wonder you two make gorgeous kids!

Anonymous said...

Your family is so beautiful. I hope Mason had a wonderful birthday!

Lauren said...

I so could have written this post when my daughter turned 5 last December. The loss of innocence, time for kindergarten, you're my favorite (shh don't tell daddy).

It is so amazing how they grow so fast. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time.

Happy Birthday Mason!

beki said...

Happy Birthday Mason!
It goes by in a flash, doesn't it?

Melissa said...

a big happy b-day to Mason, such cute pics of him :)