Mason got htat huge waterslide for his birthday and on Saturday morning the kids wake up and go outside in their pj's at 7 am turn the water slide on and go to town. It started to heat up so they shed the pj's and running around just in the skivvies. A little while later I hear some bickering between the 2 kids so i know they are hammering out their differences and praying to god that Melana isn't whipping up on Mason to bad. Ahhh peace and quiet..until I decide I must go to the bathroom and all of a sudden I hear some blood curling screams and hoopin and hollaring going on outside. It's one of those where you know something is wrong...so i am rushing to get to the back door and Melana is standing there and I am trying to ask her what is wrong and at this point she is screaming so bad she can't breath. I happen to look down and she is covered from her knees to her toes in 1259658455874 ants. Yes that's right ANTS!!! So I scoop her up and the closest thing to me to try and get them off is the waterslide...well buddy,....we hit it full force....i am doing my best to get all these freaking ants off of my baby. So i get them off i rush her into the bathroom pour a huge bottle of alcohol on her legs to try and relieve the itching until I can get her the Atarax and cream on her legs. Within 5 minutes her legs and feet and swollen up so bad i started to freak out. I called Elizabeth to hurry and run over and look to see if I needed to take her to the hospital. We both agreed we would just keep an eye on it. They had fever in them and she seemed to be "ok" at the moment. So I pick her up and ask her where she got into the ants and we go outside and around the corner (i have a big corner lot) and she went behind oneil's shed to "pick me flowers" and they were by the "white thing" (the drain in the back) so i go and look and i tell ya...i would have never thought that was an ant bed. It just look like flat dirt and it wasn't aht big at all. Her leg started looking worse and then she had 2.4 million little puss bites all over her legs...they looked so bad. To bad to even take a picture cause i swear child services would come and get my arse! That my peeps was my Saturday. As of today the swelling is still there but we did manage yesterday to pop them and lather her up in neosporin and tall socks. She looks like a glazed donut from the knees down.
For mother's day my babies got me this beauty:

Now I had already bought myself some dies a month ago when i saw them on sale somewhere anticipating I would eventually get one. I had been coaching my little man to tell his daddy he wanted to buy me the cuttlebug for mother's day. Then he was so proud of himself when he "vremembered" the name of it. Funny kid! My "bug" collection is complete for now.
So what did everyone else get? Oh yeah and I got to sleep in until 9 o'clock...now that my friends was the best of all!










18 comments:
Oh my lord!! How scary! I'm glad she's doing better today. She's is going to have a lifelong fear of bugs though!
Cool MD gift!! I got a picture of my boys you can see on my blog. But I'm going to order myself a MM rolling tote too! he he....
Hugs to Melana from me!
oh, poor baby girl!
glad she's doing better!
my lil cousin got attacked by ants in Louisana once - OUCH!
YAY for the cuttlebug!
I know you'll have fun with it!
i hope she's feeling better
i would have freaked out i do not handle any kind of bug well
have fun with your cuttlebug!
Poor Melana! She'll probably have ant-phobia the rest of her life!!
Oh no!!!! And great gift!
That is crazy. I am very glad that biting ants don't live in these parts. Scary stuff! Hope that she feels better soon.
What did O'neil GET YOU?
Oh no! That's horrible, I hope she is feeling better soon!
OMG. Kenzie's fondness for bugs suddenly seems a wee bit scary! Glad she's recuperating and your mama's day was good in spite of the drama!
Omigosh!! Poor thing :(
Yay for your cuttlebug! I just got a couple alpha die sets on ebay for $25!! ...and I don't have one yet...lol!
Oh, your poor baby!!!! (And how cute that your son "vremembered" - LOL!)
I got flowers and a card - not much, I know, but my husband did write a lovely little note in the card so it's enough for me.
Oh my goodness! How awful that must have been for her! And you! I once got bit by the red ants while visiting my grandfather in Florida. Boy did those sting. But he had me put deodorant on them and then they were totally fine. Weird.
peppy ...flowers and a card are awesome...i just hate flowers so my hubby knows better....strange i know what girl doesn't like flowers huh? well you found one...ME!!!
peppy ...flowers and a card are awesome...i just hate flowers so my hubby knows better....strange i know what girl doesn't like flowers huh? well you found one...ME!!!
Happy Belated Mother's Day, Greta. And happy birthday to your boy!
Poor baby! Those ants are something awful. We have those suckers all over our yard.
Happy Mother's Day to you! I'm glad you got something you like :-)
Oh my gracious!! I know how frantic Iwould have been (and any of my girls!!); you did a great job with her!
Love your Mother'sDay gift!Fun!!
I got a digital photo frame. It's very cool!!
Oh Greta, your poor baby Melana!
I hope that she heals quickly and is back doing fun things in the yard.
Great Mother's Day gift, have fun with it.
Poor little Mini Greta!! How is she feeling?
Your Mother's day gift was awesome!! I bet you were a happy Momma that day!
Post a Comment