Melana..oh melana....today was her first day in dance. She is taking Tap, Jazz and Ballet. She has been so excited for a few weeks now since I enrolled her. She has been prancing around here in her tap shoes driving me homicidal and prissing around so I thought ok this is going to be ok. WRONG! She gets herself kicked out of dance class on the first night...YES SHE DOES!!!!
When we got home she was so excited to put her stuff on and pose for me...see exibit A:

in exhibit B she is telling me how she can't wait to get to dance and learn "taps" and "ballerina"

Exihibit C is her walking out to the car to rush off to dance and make it for 6:00

So zoom ...zoom....off we go...get to dance rush in...wait around a second and it's time for all the 3-4 year olds to go to the studio. Melana was ok when I walked her down the hall to their studio and when we turned the corner and went in she FLIPPED HER WIG...the DEVIL came out in this child....now you know she is BAD...but I have never seen her act this way....I was MORTIFIED....so the lady came and got her and held her and was telling me to go on and go she will be fine....so i go and wait in the waiting area...I could here her screaming bloody murder way up in the front of the building. So i am thinking holy shit...all these moms are looking around like what the hell is going on back there and they are looking at me and by this time I am really getting pissed off.....Melana knows that if she acts out usually someone will give in...(not me 3/4 of the time but her daddy will) so she is having a temper tantrum so i scoot on back there and get her calmed down enough that she is starting to participate (if that is what you want to call it) the crying stopped at least. So i get her to actually get up on the wood flooring and she is mocking the teacher and the other NICE WELL BEHAVED little girls (except for one other one who was taking after melana's lead) and i get her to where I am telling her I have to go out and get her ballet slippers because they are going to switch shoes soon. That was ok until I was gone for 2 long and she started the shinanigans all over again. So of course by this time I have had enough of her and she is going back in dance class and i didn't care if she was mad with me or not. She wanted to do this so she was doing it... NOPE! WRONG AGAIN! THe class was already so many minutes into it that they lock the door...You could not even imagine how pissed off and embarrassed I was.
Melana is know for her public tantrums and saying out loud in public how we need to stop "beating her" when no one is even touching her. She makes up all sorts of crazy crap and I am tired of it. Just tired of it... I CANNOT HANDLE HER!!! SHE IS OUT OF CONTROL. If she would have been first there would be no mason and that is a fact.
So anyway....this weekend I scrapped a few pages nothing spectacular. Not sure how I like the,...the one of me and oneil is growing on me and i am thinking i might like it but still not sure yet.

i know it is kinda dark but the flash was to bright so i put my hand over it and i am to lazy after the night i had to photoshop it

i am still not liking this one no matter how hard i try...oh well win some lose some.....
hope all is well on the earth and please please please everyone pray I don't commit myself in the mental hospital soon cause I am really thinking that will do me some good! ;)










24 comments:
I am so sorry...I can totally understand fighting the "urge to kill" (a la Homer Simpson not a homicidal maniac). Gawd, I hope she gets better and my little girl doesn't turn into a nightmare (although she certainly is signaling as much!)...
Girl I am so sorry, I think we all have days when we feel like that.
Have you ever read James Dobson- "The Strong Willed Child"? I was offended when my mil told me to read it, but I am glad I did and go back to it often to refresh my memory!
Hang in there, it will get better!
((hugs)))
btw- she looks so sweet in her pink bow!!!! ;)
Oh man. So did they ask you not to bring her back or are you saying no way? I love the dance studio we go to because they are really good with letting the parents help their children get comfortable. Belle started when she was 2 and that whole first year I had to stay in the room. Plus they have windows that the parents can watch through.
Good luck....
LOL!! Those pics of the devilish ballerina are too cute. I feel your pain...
Oh no, Greta! She didn't officially get 'kicked out' then, right? Are you just choosing not to go back? It may get better? Or am I just fooling myself?
She looks really cute anyway.
Oh Greta, hang in there, it will get better. Remember today is a new day so put yesterday behind you and start fresh today.
You have to admit that she looks like a little angel in her dance wear.
I had to fight that same urge Satruday at the soccer field. Emerson was so bad and I hate it because if you were to say, spank them, people would be on the phone to DSS. BUT if you don't do anything or just talk to them, they look at you like, get control of your kid! I will be praying for you and the future of the dance class... hang in there! :) (byt the way, the photos of her are adorable!!!)
oh sweetie...
I'm so sorry M's being such a pill!
Like being a momma isn't hard enough without fits like that! :(
Remember...
today's a new day . . .
plus, dude...you got GREAT pictures of her instead of pouty ones! So all is not lost. ;)
xo.
I totally feel your pain sista!! My girls can turn into a nightmare at the drop of a dime. Have a cocktail or two (or seven!)...you'll feel much better.
So glad my little guy was always a dream in public and nightmare only at home.
Give her three chances to get with the program girl and then just call it quits because there has to be a line somewhere, otherwise she will be throwing temper tantrums in her 30s (like me!) lol
I like the pages and at least ya got some done.
oh that top pic of melana is so friggin' cute.
lmao...girl i can't even imagine going thru that, i'd almost be tempted to say "never again!!!"
love the lo's however, i think i look like a cow :(
Love the LOs!
This is exactly WHY I want boys. But, because I was such a slut, I will end up having girls!
bless your heart! But those photos are so friggin adorable girl! I can't imagine. hang in there girl and have a drink!
Such cute pictures!! And I hate to admit it...but the scrapper in me was wondering if you had pictures of her AFTER the fit!
Just kidding really....
I really hope it gets better for you. It sounds like she really wants to do dance, so if you make it clear that she will not be able to do it unless she behaves perhaps that will make her calm down.
Hang in there. This too shall pass!!
It is just a phase and someday she will be a strong, independent woman because of this part of her personality!
And, oh...love the pages!
Those pages are beautiful!
(looking at O Neil giving that come hither look to me...lol) You can practice on some of my photos, I REALLY don't mind! I threatened to have myself committed just so I could be alone and not have to cook and clean,lol!
How many different faces do you have? You never look the same in any photos!!!
That little shit!!!! I don't know how you kept yourself from throttling her!!! Girl, its amazing I work with kids sometimes because I wouldn't be able to handle that!!
She is absolutely adorable though!!
Oh man! Ava starts dance next week with all the other 3-4 yr-olds and I am waiting with baited breath because I know she's gonna freak. I am not looking forward but she WILL take that damn dance class cause I paid for it and there are no refunds.
Whoa! :/ I get that sometimes with my kid . . . but he's six. So it is completely and utterly horrifying. Sorry you had to go through that sweets. :hug:
I'm so sorry you have to deal with that more often than you wish. Kids are never easy no matter how well behaved from what I've discovered. She is adorable though and I know no matter how awful she acts you still love her like crazy. Love the LO of you and your DH...it's gorgeous.
Post a Comment