Tuesday, July 08, 2008

How tacky is this?

so my beloved noel sends me a link to a challenge blog that she found while blog hopping. Well i check this out and it is a total rip off of SYC. They even had NERVE enough to use the same EXACT wording our blog as far as why we are doing it. Now i know that using up what you have is not re inventing the wheel by any means but there was no challenge blog about it. i know these girls knew about SYC b/c i am all over the MB that they participate at. So to take clippings of almost the EXACT same words of OUR blog is just down right TACKY!
I guess the ole saying is true imitation is the best form of flattery but in this case i am not flattered i am irritated. if you want to use the same concept fine...go with it BUT DON"T TAKE our words off our blog...BE ORIGINAL WOULD YA?

That would be like me starting a One Little Word and taking their same exact words as well....

Coincidence NO...BULLSHIT!
AND...AND this is the best part...let's challenge you to use your stash and let's give you more crap to hoard....yeah that is a brilliant idea. Not only that but this site (that i will not even give credit too) doesn't have alot of challenges...no it's all bullshit chatting and doing this call and a blinkie contest and all sorts of crap! ummm challenge site and blinkie contest...yeah they go hand in hand...dontcha think {eyeroll}...and talking they talk alot amongst themselves...yeah that is challenging...i do that quite well to myself i don't need a CHALLENGE blog to talk....if you are a challenge site DO CHALLENGES! seriously....uggghhhhhhh {shaking head}

okay rant over....
{deep sigh} so much for holding in my thoughts and biting my tongue....screw that...i won't even try. I'm back to the ole me :)
and this layout...well....i tried but i just cannot hold back....like i said STUPIDITY and STUPID PEOPLE piss me off


17 comments:

Jude said...

Well, you know I am going have to use the term "Stupid people piss me off."... but I will give you props...ROFLOL.
I went to art school in high school and guess what? Imitation was NOT the sincerest form of flattery, it meant you got an F and were told to come up with your own ideas!! LOL.

elizabeth said...

tacky with a capital "T".

elizabeth said...

tacky with a capital "T".

Michele Kovack said...

You go and rant!!! I would be pissed off too!

Dana said...

I think it's cute when you are angry because you come from such a good place! The world would be a better place if we all had such a strong sense of injustice :)

Noel said...

Good Grief!! As soon as I saw that blog I was like "hold up!" HUGE EYEROLL! :)

Rhi said...

lol. i wish i had put bets somewhere...
;)

i do have some words of wisdom for you though.
let the silly people play with the silly people, and just don't be bothered by their silliness.
:)

Deanna said...

I think we should launch a t-shirt line... next one "Stupid People Piss Me Off"!

I had that blog on my list and even visited it a few times... gone now though!

Anonymous said...

I am fond of the saying "you can't cure stupid".
Oh girl, you crack me up! I so enjoy reading your blog - it's so downright refreshing - tell it like it is girl! Keep up the great work!

Mandi Johnson said...

awww dang that is tacky. That would be majorly frustrating. It's like, any time you put yourself out there, someone can take advantage of it. Oh well I guess... at least they're the tacky ones, right?

Crafty Connie said...

Rant away Greta, they let you get the issue off of your chest and make for some awesome reading.
You go girl!!!!

Lauren said...

And that is why we love you. ;-) You are so cracking me up that you scrapped yourself with your mouth covered. lol
And yes that is very tacky indeed.

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Alrighty, that is just effed up. It's supposed to be about creativity and they rip you off? WTF??!

Karen Brooks said...

Amen sister!!! I love your outlook on life and stupidity!!! That is so jacked up that it isn't even funny - I think Tacky is almost too nice of a word for them.......I could think of a few not so politically correct words if you need some help coming up with some!!! Love ya girl - keep doing what you are doing, you rock!!!

Adrienne said...

OH WOW!

Anonymous said...

Side note, i have that cool Rock Star paper too ! LOL ...

But i KNOW !! I saw their damn name written someplace too while blog hopping !!!!! Messed up !!

I finally sorted ALMOST all my MASSIVE stash and i think i need to FINALLY jump in on the scrap your crap challenges ! YOu're right, i willl never run out ! LOL ......

SYC Rocks !!!!
Jenn

Anna M said...

What the fuck?

Seriously though...what the fuck?

At the minimum they could have been original and changed the wording of the blog.

I'm going to kick some ass.