Friday, July 25, 2008

A little book therapy



So elizabeth finally let me borrow her Twilight book and i must say i am very nervous..she is neaurotic about her books and well...that just makes me panic...i feel i need to read it with white gloves on or something.
So far i am enjoying it and maybe this weekend i will scrap a little and read a lot. Sunday my 2 kids are going to Honey's (my mom's ) for the week and I am going to take the opportunity to relax without any nagging, fighting, screaming, bickering, arguing and fussing...ahhh the thought of that brings a smile to my face.
O'Neil is going to 3-11 shift starting monday so it will be just me really for a week. i hope to finish this book by the beginning of next week so i can move on to the next one.

I know most of you that read my blog has read this but who hasn't read it yet...inquiring minds want to know?

31 comments:

Scott said...

I haven't even heard of this book. In fact, I think it sounds made up!

aimee said...

girl please, i don't read unless it is a scrap mag! i know, i'm missing out. that's what everyone tells me. but if it doesn't grab me by the first couple of pages, i'm done.

sarah said...

vampires? no thank you.
I have not read it.
and I don't plan to.
:)

enjoy your kid free week!
sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I just bought this book! My daughter is reading it first though - she loves it so far!

Dana said...

uh sorry i dont know what it is? I hope I am not missing on something amazing am i?

Adrienne said...

Prepare to be ADDICTED!!!! LOVE this book!

Micayla said...

Oh sounds like a fab weekend planned Greta. I love just chilling out reading. Enjoy sweetie!

elizabeth said...

hey, you can always borrow the books from the library where they charge you if they're damaged...bwahahahahahaaa!

i can't help it. books are important to me, so i treat them well.

you already know how i feel about this book and am quite surprised that so many commenters haven't heard of it.

off to email sarah to explain that it is not like what i'm sure she thinks it is like.

Noel said...

I have not read this...in fact i am just today going to go buy eat, love, pray.....I'm WAY behind! let me know if you like it!

Noel said...

Oh...and I'm so glad you are going to get a week to yourself. That sounds like heaven! :)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Haven't read it (but then again I have only had less than a week since school finished!)

ricanlaw said...

Great minds think alike, head to my blog and you will see what I am talking about. How do you like it so far? Elizabeth sounds like me kind of girl. I am the very same way with my books and my things. ;)
Hope you get some scrappping done and have some fun.

Anonymous said...

wassup biznitch.. I am just now getting my behiney home and I am TIRED as hell .. I got your message .. me gonna call you tomorrow after I get from church baby girl .. how is your weekend so far ..

Sarah said...

I love to read but haven't had much time to do it in a really long time. The book I am currently reading is in the bathroom, where I read it one page at a time, between knocks on the door, "Ma-Ma!!" (and it's been on the back of the toilet since Christmas!lol!)

I haven't heard of that book, but will be putting it on my list...what a long list it's getting to be.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you know I don't get out much and this has never appeared on my horizon. The Hubbs has taken 3/4 for the week to the cabin, I only have The Princess to deal with and with my week to myself, I am in love already!

Linda said...

I just bought it this week too! Can't wait to read it!

Linda said...

Oooh have a relaxing week! I'll call you and say hi!

liz mataraza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
liz mataraza said...

sorry, that was me. i'm a dork...

hope your weekend was relaxing! i haven't read the book. relaxing with a good book doesn't work for me. i have this weird little button on my butt that if i sit relaxed and cozy for more than 35 seconds i fall asleep.

Unknown said...

I haven't read it,and probably won't unless someone lets me borrow it, the library has a list a mile long of people waiting to get their hands on that book...Im currently reading Pride & Prejudice though..lol

Unknown said...

yes love it!! Amazing!! How do you like it so far???

Anonymous said...

I got it for Christmas but haven't read it yet. Because it is a hardcover. And heavy. Why ye, i am lazy...

Deanna said...

so strange... i am away on vaca and my mil just gave me books to read by this auther and then i jump on here tonight and they were on 2 blogs... i may just have to read these!

Unknown said...

Well ... not one to be left in the dust ... I've been seeing a bunch of blogs touting the premiere of Twilight, The Movie ... due out in December ... and I just HAD to see what all the buzz is about.

Like most of you, I love to read .. but honestly, it puts me to sleep. I can get through a few pages then my eyes get soooo heavy ... and, after a few pages more I have to lay down for a nap. Well, the next time I pick up the book I have to re-read the last 3 or 4 pages just to get caught up ... ugh ... at this rate it takes me FOREVER to get through one.

SO ... I do audio books and 'read' while I'm on my morning walks with my cocker spaniel.

BUT!!!! When I learned that Twilight was just the first in a series ... WOOHOO! It's a great book ... easy to become caught up in the whole story and now I'm on the hunt for the audio versions of the sequels.

And ... did I hear that the 4th sequel is due out this Fall? I better get busy!

You've just GOT to dish on how you're enjoying the 'adventure' of Bella and Edward!!

Crafty Connie said...

I haven't read it yet. Let me know what you think of it, maybe it will make my "to read" list like the gazillion other books.

Michele Kovack said...

I just finished it yesterday! I loved it! I already ordered the next 3 books from Amazon. (The last one was a preorder!)

Cheryl Wray said...

I am SO READY for the next book!!!!

Noel said...

hey girl....there is an award waiting for you on my blog! :)

Colleen said...

love these books. took me like a day to get through twilight and i'm so ready for breaking dawn. you are going to love it!!

Anna M said...

You know I am "Twilight" obsessed. Or maybe it is Edward obsessed! I just want to fuck a vampire!

Lauren said...

If have been by lately you already know this but still. I loved every minute of these books. LOVED THEM. I read them all in a week. I was truly obsessed. Thanks for bringing them to my attention!!!