Saturday, July 12, 2008

Look what i found

I found this in my blog archives and thought i would share with all my new blog friends that i didn't have back in the day. This post is OLD. So anyway...wanna know how bad i was? Here it is:
**and i was an honor student if that makes me any better** {snicker}

My mom use to tell me..."just wait until you have kids, I hope they act just like you".

Guess what? You got you wish mother...that damn Melana is bad...but i can honestly say she is a different kind of bad than I was...and mom agrees....

Melana's mouth is what is going to get her in the most trouble. She tells me shit like you getting on my nerves, sticks her tongue out at me and rolls them eyes, she is a whiner, constantly whining about something, if she doesn't get her way she falls out and flops around like a fish....SHE IS 3 PEOPLE...I can see she is going to spend alot of time grounded like i was.

I for the most part was a good child...it was the pre-teen (i think they call it something stupid like tween now)years and teen years that I gave my mother all the gray hair she has.

I pulled shit like this:

Sneak out the window (at roughly the age of 11 on...)and go "party" with my friends.

I, at the age of 12, pushed my mom's mustang out the driveway and down to the stop sign cranked it up and went joyriding at about 1-2 in the morning.

I would constantly runaway. Ironically years later I started my law enforcement career at the same police department that would be looking for this bad ass habitual offender...lmao looking back it is funny!

i would get suspended from school for fighting (in the 6th grade) and then again in high school....I didn't take any shit off anybody and I still don't...I use to have a very short temper...as I get older it takes a lot more for me to bust now

There is more but I think that is enough insight on my "tween" and teen years.

There is nothing my 2 kids can do when they get older that I already haven't done. I promise you that....which is a good thing...good because i know what to look for..i know the tricks and the scams....oneil on the other hand was a good boy who did what he was told so he will be nieve to all the signs like my mother...

see mom it is a good thing i was like that....you just didn't know it at the time...bwhahahahaha!!! She is wanting to slap me right now rest assured!

My mom finally got it in her head that I was so bad and just didn't care on top of it...i knew i would be in trouble but i didn't care...what's another month or two grounded...i would just sneak out again when i felt like it....i shit you not i was grounded for 1 year and 1 month straight.....yep...and then i would get off and be right back on it within hours...

she thought i was on drugs..she said i had to be on drugs because no child in their right mind would act like i did. So she loaded me up at 3 in the morning after one of my episodes i pulled and off to the hospital we went for them to test me. Much to her amazement she found out I was NOT on drugs...none, zilch, nada....i was bad but drugs just didn't appeal to me. i am a strong willed person and if I say i am not going to do something i mean it...so i didn't have peer pressure trouble. I think she was relieved but in the same token as horrible as it sounds she prolly wished i would have been on something so she would have something to blame all my badness on. LOL...not funny but it is funny!!!

I want to know...where you bad as a teen or were you and "angel". What did you use to do?

11 comments:

Regan said...

Oh, yeah I was bad, I would run away all the time. Drugs were never really my thing either although i did experiment a bit. I finally straightened my ass out when I got Pregnant at 17- ooops

Well I am happily married now with another child and a great career- just goes to show that not all F-ups stay that way!!

aimee said...

oh girl, you don't want me to go threre! mu hubby was the same as yours. he didn't even drink til he was 21. he tried pot once and ran home to tell his mamma! me...like you, i was sneaking the car out, jumping off story house to sneak out. started drinkin' at 15. if someone would have showed my mom a pic of me with a cig and a beer in my hand, she would have said
"oh that's not my daughter"
anywho, my hubby was a cop for about 7 years and i broke every rule in the book, so my kids won't be getting away with much!
to long of a comment, sorry, but you got me thinking about the good old days...btw i wouldn't go back to those days if you paid me!

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh my....I would have a nervous breakdown if one of my kids was like that. Thank goodness my 16-y-o is very responsible, but Sydney's probably gonna do me in (and since she's only 4, by the time she's a teenager we'll be so old that we won't care!! lol)

I was never wild as a teenager, but when I went to college I did discover my partying ways and enjoyed guys and vodka a little too much. But, never anything that really got me into big trouble. (Probably the worst my parents ever got mad at me for was when they discovered I'd gone to the lake for the weekend with three guys. And I told them I was with girlfriends. Not a good reaction from them!)

I LOVED the fun times in college and sometimes miss them...but only for a few brief minutes!

liz mataraza said...

i did some crazy shit but i was always home when i was supposed to be. never got caught.

my fave is the time i was supposed to be at an extended slumber party just a few miles away, but drove with my be-fri and a college boy off to delaware (from ny) for the weekend to see my be-fri's boyfriend. i was 16. oh, then there was daytona beach; i don't remember enough to tell you anything, but i was 17 when that shit went down.

i can't think of too much else when i was younger. my Army days were pretty wild, but i was 18 so...they really don't count.

Dana said...

Well, I always knew you were a bad ass and this confirms it! If I ever have anybody bully me, I am going to call you to come beat them up for me :) Your free spirit has helped you in life and create your free sprited art :)

Unknown said...

Well, Greta ... I'm afraid that those are the kind of stories that Grandma's don't want to share .. because someday little granddaughter's might HEAR them!

Some are embarrassing, some are funny, some are scary ... and some are even downright ILLEGAL! But, it's all those 'experiences' that made me who I am today ... so ... no regrets. Okay ... maybe a couple ... but, when you're that age you're so stupid you don't know any better.

Go back to my teens? 20's? 30's? NO effing WAY!! Not in a million years!

Anonymous said...

I never did shit as a teen and I am really resentful that I coulda been up to a WHoLE lot of no good...just time wasted, as far as I can see! That is why I try to do my devilment now...lol! I would give anything to do highschool and college again, hell, I might ever finish them 9 credits for my masters...Gina

Anonymous said...

I used to lie, about the stupidest things ever. And then get in trouble. The dumb thing was, if I had just told the truth (for example where I was, who I was with) I wouldnt even have got sent to my room, but instead I used to make up the most ridiculous things! Next time Melana throws herself down on the floor, do it with her, she will be so embarrased to see you acting like her, she should stop in a hurry! Good luck!

Anna M said...

Too funny. You were the bad seed!

Believe it or not, I was actually not so bas as a teen. The only thing I really got in trouble for was sneaking a boy in my bedroom late at nite. The funny part is we didn't really do anything and I was still a virgin.

It was when I started college that I became a hellion and a little whore!

PeppyPilotGirl said...

I was a good kid... but less because I wanted to be than because my parents were wise to the tricks and were wicked strict. That said, I did do a bunch of stuff my mother would've shit over had she known - gone to Planned Parenthood (in the city, 30 miles away) by myself to get put on the pill, boffed my boyfriend every morning before school, and ran over a small tree with my boyfriend's motorbike. (Shoulda been a clue right there - guy was more worried about his dirt bike than his girlfriend...)

**** April **** said...

ROFL... my mom WAS a cop so I couldn't get away with jack schit! So I didn't even bother... my sister was quite the rebel and I saw how horribly it did my mom in so I didn't want to be the one responsible for making her feel bad... so I was a good kid... don't mean we didn't et along b/c I had to move out and live with my grandma at one pont in high school b/c I thought my mom was such a bitch. :) LOL (she still is though... but at least it's a mutual bitchiness)