Here is a little history:
Melana (4 years old) is pretty afraid of the water. It always takes her forever to warm up to the pool. She is very afrraid for weeks until she will finally get in.
Well she has warmed up and all is good with her and the floaties.
I am lounging around the pool on my comfy raft catching some rays, relaxing and enjoying the quiet. Mason is in the pool by the steps (he can swim)playing with the dive rings. Melana is outside of the pool digging in the dirt and rocks that surround our pool. Well earlier in the day we were teaching her how to do cannonballs with the floaties so she can get use to getting her face wet. She DOES NOT like water in her face. AT ALL!! so she is proud of herself we are proud of her because next year we will teach her how to swim. So anyway...oneil is on the back porch in the shade screwing with is blackberry. All of a sudden i hear Mason in a very calm voice say "Mom..melana just did a canonball without her floaties"...in my head i am thinking surely i just did not here that....so i sit up and see my baby under the water with her hair just floating around and no movement. I am across the pool on the opposite end and i could not scream for help...my foot got tangled up in the raft and out of no where i swear i walked on water i yanked her up and then i screamed...here comes superman..because oneil flew through the air with my scream. she looked disoriented but i knew if i could get her to cry she was ok....she didn't cry at first because she was in shock. she had not been under long but it felt like and eternity to me and i am sure to her as well. Oneil grabbed her from me because my arms were numb...my legs were numb...i was numb. i cried...and cried and cried and cried. i couldn't get out the pool but i knew i had to. i had to hold her..i had to assure her she was okay. i finally muster up enough energy to get out and i am walking on noodles which in turn i stumble and fall a bit. As i am holding her that picture is running though my mind of her hair just floating...a thought that will never leave me. I knew not to ask her what was she thinking because i already knew the answer. She didn't remember that she did not have her floaties on. She always leaves them on even when she is out of the pool...ALWAYS...except for this time. After much crying and squeezing her (on my part) she looks up at me from resting her head on my shoulders and says...mommy I "sawry" i forgot i didn't have my floaties on.... alli could say was i know baby...i know....mama knows. Melana is a daddy's girl...she never wants much to do with me when he is around and that is ok. Now there is this unspoken bond we have between us. It's different between us now that i just can't explain.
On a lighter note..you will be seeing this pic come to a layout near you soon.
She wore that itsy bitsy teeny weenie red polka dot bikini...
This bikin was mine when i was her age. I am surprised it is not dry rotted but it's not. She thinks she is sassy in her "barini".










24 comments:
SHIT Greta!!! hearts a pounding but on a lighter note- great photo and what a cutie patootie
She is super sassy! I wonder who she gets that from ?
OMG, how scary!
O.M.G. I cannot even imagine how terrified you must have been. Hug that little one tight, tight, tight!!
And I forgot to add "thank God for Mason!"
OMG Greta!!! I had chills just reading this!!! I am so glad she is OK and so thankful that Mason caught it!!! Hugs to you guys!!!
ok I havent commented in forever, wish I could reach thru the computer and give you a big hug.
Thank god she is ok.
and I think you will be ok soon too ;)
she looks so cute! but i can so understand what you went through. kimber did the same thing last year. i can still see her scared little eyes looking at me from under the water as she struggled! oh it was scary!
Oh my goodness...I would have been having a hysterical fit, and then shaking the rest of the day. You are Supermom, though; you did great!
That is the cutest suit, and how great that it was yours when you were little. I love it!
WOW that is scary! i am so glad that she is safe and i hope that this won't affect her with the pool in the future. how scary that must have been.
lovin' the red barini...sounds like some kind of drink.
I know you were scared to death! I'm so glad she was alright. Kids, huh?!
Goodness Greta!!! you have me in tears! I'm SO glad she is okay!!!!
so glad she is okay greta... I know you must have been terrified!
I have goose bumps on my arms from reading that. I would have so lost it after she was safe also. Thank goodness Mason saw what was going on at that perfect moment. I hope she is not more afraid of the water now.
As for the bikini I love that it was yours when you were little. She looks so cute.
Hoe terrifying!! My brother did that once when he was really little and my uncle saved him.....
YIKERS!!!! How scary and crazy those moments must have been. So glad to hear that everything is fine. Melana sure does look "sassy" in her red polka dot bikini.
Thank goodness she is ok...
Love the suit!!!
How scary!!!!!! I'm so glad everything is ok!!! And yep--super cute in the bikini!!
OMG girl you got my crying here!! Maybe its the drugs but I just can imagine that picture you have in your head of her hair I would have done the same thing then fallen over and bawled for 20 minutes!!!!!!!!
I am so happy she is safe Yea for quick thinking MOM!
omg i'm so glad she was ok! i can't imagine how scary that must have been.
almost forgot-cute! i used to have one like that-but in yellow-when i was her age!
Jesus, I was skimming and saw the words floating...hair and had to go back and read it again! I know that fear so well, where shit just happens in a second and you don't know where you get the skill or strength to do it, but you do. I found 2" wide elastic and tacked it on the the arm floaties and it crosses Michaela chest and back so that she cannot take the arm buoys off. Thank God Mason saw her, you walked on water and I already knew ONeil was Superman...he married your ass, bwahhahha!
Holy shit. Thank God for Mason and thank God that she is ok! My heart almost dropped out of my chest as I was reading your post.
Holy fuck!
Cute bikini. That is so cute that you saved it.
Well, you know my story on Drew.... it is just absolutely heart stopping isn't it? I"m so thankful she's okay and that you had a HERO looking out for his sister! That boy needs sumpin sumpin special for being the eyes and ears of the pool...
Post a Comment