Monday was a big milestone for mason....my heart swelled with proudness. O'neil took the training wheels off of his bike and he was doing soooo good. one of the neighborhood kids was around watching him and trying to "help" as well as Melana...but all she was doing was getting in his way. After a few times of telling them to get out his way I gave up.
So it ended like this:
a trip to the emergency room....grrrrr!!!
as he was rounding the corner, i am not quite sure exactly what happened as it all happened so fast, but either he got nervous or melana stopped in front of him ( i think that was the case because she did it to him earlier) but at any rate he fell over and in to the palm tree he went. If any of you are familiar with palm trees they will BITE YOU BAD!! i am usually the calm one but in this case that scream he let out i knew he was hurt and it was BAD...so oneil is screaming at me to get a wet towel i am running across the yard as fast as i can to get something...when i got back there was BLOOD EVERYWHERE he was covered oneil was covered....the cuts and punctures were deep...we loaded him up and off to the ER we went. after getting him calmed down he was a trooper...constantly making me laugh in the hospital with the funny faces and the things he was saying. The doctors was worried that his arm was fractured but thankfully it wasn't. it was just swollen from all the puntures to the underside of his arm as well as the top. His spirits was broken but the next day he decided he would get on his bike and do it again. So i said mason do me a favor he said yes ma'me...i said...please don't go by the palm tree...his response...OH DON"T YOU WORRY ABOUT THAT!! LOL
Today is the last day for voting over at Just Rite Stampers for the championship and my friend Michele Kovack is one of the finalist. So if you would go over here and vote for her, she is # 1 on the list I would so appreciate it and i know she will too. And check out her blog...she makes beautiful creations.

I would like to say in honor of 9/11 that we will never forget those that day.
Today is just a blah day and that might be the cause of my not so chipper mood i am usually in. If you have flags in your yards don't forget to fly them at half mass.
peace out peeps!










23 comments:
omg!!!! so sorry Scary!
oh that poor sweet brave boy! Ack, what a ride!
poor baby....glad it wasn't worse though!
Aww, poor thing! I'm glad it didn't stop him for long.
poor little man!
glad he got right back on though...
and avoided the palm trees this time!
Poor Mason!!!! But what a trooper showing off his injuries...yikes, I am about to wince in pain just looking at the pictures.
I will never forget 9/11 - it is just not possible to me writing this date without sparing a thought for those lost and their families.
beware the palm! Yikes!
9/11...."we will never forget".
my cryptic message is now over...later. :)
Poor, poor baby! And thanks again for the plug! I really appreciate it.
Flag is at half mass.....
Aww poor Mason!!!! Glad he is okay!
oh Greta!! so sorry you had to go through all that with your little man! how scary =( glad he's OK now and that he was able to get back on his bike =)
What a trooper...and trying to make Mama feel better by joking around. I'm sure he's wearing those battle scars proudly now ;)
Ouch, poor darling. It made me feel sick in my stomach to see his wrist like that.
Awww, I'm so glad Mason is okay. Did mommy need a drink after that?! I know I sure would have!!
By the way, I gave you an award on my blog today. *hugs*
Bless his little heart!!! Glad he got back on that horse!!!
Oh My Goodness!! He really hurt himself. I never expected to see the hospital room. Thankfully it wasn't broken and he was willing to try again.
And damn if we didn't forget to put our flag at half mast. I didn't even think about how we should change ours as I looked at the one at our ballpark.
Give that young man a big hug!!!
Glad to see that he got right back on the bike the next day, what a trooper.
well that sucks! poor little man. honestly though, he doesn't look too upset about the whole ordeal!
beautiful pic of the flag.
Glad he is ok and that you remembered to take photos! I will always remember 9/11 and please give Mason one training wheel...the bike will lean to one side and he can feel safe with the lean...when he realizes that he is riding crooked, he will straighten it up by himself...worked for 3 of my 4 so far, lol! Beat Ike's ass, too! :)
Oh My Gosh....Poor Mason....those are horrible cuts...when I heard him crying I thought he hit the concrete...poor little guy !!...Glad he got back on the horse again...ha ha ha
How exciting and what a trouper! haha I remember very well my first time without training wheels. What a rush! ;)
Poor guy!! OUCH!!Hope he's feeling better!!
OMG Greta, is this what I have to look forward to with 2 boys? Whoo...
Glad Mason wasn't hurt too badly!
Owwww!
At least he isn't crying!
Post a Comment