You ladies have blown me out the water with your generosity and your stories about aleida to me....
For a minute today I was freaking out a bit. As everyone knows I am having Aleida's blog published in a hard cover book for her family (kids and hubby) and for about 12 hours i had a mental break down thinking i needed her login information to typepad to pull it over...so first thing today i was on the horn with Blurb and spoke to a nice lady. I explained to her i wanted this to be a surprise and i really would feel uncomfortable asking her husband for the information and she said that it should not be a prolem for me to manually upload every post and every pic. Of course it would be easier if i had that information because they would just pull it right over and i would tweak it but none the less...i will do this....it will get done and i cried on the phone with this lady because that was music to my ears...
i knew some way i was having this book done and it did't matter if i had to travel to the moon with it...
I AM HAPPY TO REPORT the book IS STARTED...after it is printed they assured me i would have it in my mailbox within 7-10 days of me hitting the submit for publication button....
Without you ladies this idea would not have been able to come true and i thank everyone of you from all over the world (LITERALLY) who made a contribution.
You better know that fiery rican is smiling down on everyone of us now.
Anyone wanting to make a donation you can paypal me at signal47@aol.com
and i will respond to you letting you know i received it.
Please include your user name online and what MB you are from i am keeping track of the who what's when and how's so i can include every name and where you are from when i send these books to the family.
Much love to you all










15 comments:
Greta, i'm so sorry about the loss of your friend Aleida. I did not know her, but it is clear she was very loved and respected! You are such an amazing friend to be doing this for her family - i'm sure this book will be incredibly cherished by them!
Followed the link to you blog from Studio Calico. You are so sweet to do this! I am off to paypal to help a little....
Alison (alison239)
:) Hugs Greta. I'm so happy you took on this project. You are so selfless to organize it.
awww Greta! so sorry about your friends! =( you are so sweet to do this book for the family.. what a real treasure that'll be for them!
God Bless....
The Fiery Rican would be so proud to have known you and all that are rallying to her aid...My check is in the mail and due to arrive on Friday! If you fall short, hollah!
How sweet of you girl~they will cherish that always.
This is such an AMAZING idea!!!! I love it!!!
what a sad story, you are wonderful to do this for her family. Such a tragedy, and looking at her blog was intense, reading what she was thinking just days before...
I am very happy to help and contribute whatever it takes..count me in for $50 girl .. if you need more you got my number.
Greta
I sent you some money for Aleida's book. Thanks for doing this for us.
Sandra
I just sent a donation also. I think this is a great idea...and not only do I want to run and hug my kids...but I want to make sure that I keep scrapping and blogging so that one day I can leave a legacy behind also. Prayers for her family. We just lost my 19 year old Brother-in-law to a drunk driver in July..we have been in horrible pain. I hate to think of the journey down this awful road that Alieda's family will be traveling.
I would like to donate ... is it too late?
Hi Sara...i tried to find you but i couldn't...no it is not to late to donate... :) and i know they are going to just love what we are doing for them
God Bless you for doing this Greta! Huge (((HUGS)))
so proud to be a part of this. You are amazing for doing this!!
Post a Comment