this pic is from the people who use to rent my house while building their massive house back on the ater that they lost in katrina...thi is the back bay rolling it.
her husband is handicap and so that is the handicap ramp they built for him to get out to their pier
this is some boat lifts that are pretty much close to being fully underwater. they are on the canal from the back bay
this is the pier out from said renters house you can see the roof and that is about it. which means the back bay is at about 20+ feet high right now and we haven't even made it to high tide yet. it will be safe to say that until this hurricane passes you won't be able to see the pier.
this is the retaining wall they built and they have appox a foot before the water goes over it...the bottom foor of their house those is a pool. the actual house doesn't start until another 5 feet up in the air so it will be safe to say i doubt they flood.
that is someones fence in their backyard that backs up to the back bay. They are next door to my old renters house. they do sit a little bit lower than my old renters...don't cha think?
this is water from the causeway bridge. you can't even see the bridge it is completely submerged in water. the next shot is an upclose but really all you can see is water...i might have a pic of what it should look like...i'll have to see
close up of the casueway bridge or lack there of right now :)
for more pics taken from various people who stayed you can click to our local news stations website here for the photo gallery.
i do know right now that the beach is flooding bad and so is the area with all the casino's and what we call "the point". But i am high and dry..so no worries.
I know i will be a busy bitch assessing damage come wednesday.










29 comments:
EEEEEEKKKKKK!
WOW That is scary!!!! Stay safe!!!!
thank you for the waveland update! our neighbor drove by earlier but then we started hearing rumors it flooded. glad you're high & dry!
THANK GOD Greta, I was so worried. I'm still waiting to find out about my town. But it doesn't look so good.
I'm glad you are ok. Can't believe you went out though... Saw some damages on TV in the area. We are ok up here. The store shelves were emply yesterday. Motel rooms and shelters in the area are all full.
Take care!!
amazing photos. I'm thrilled to read you're in a good spot though! Be well..
That is one heck of alot of water! How did you get out to take these photos by boat? How many times have you had to go through something like this? Mother nature is a wicked lady sometimes. I am so happy to hear you are safe :)
Can you clear azz swim .. HUH! Girl that is crazy .. I just got in .. was gonna call but it is late, I have a headache and will talk to you this week .. as long as you good, I am good .. I am fukn exhausted but glad to see you are not floating out in that damn water with your kids on your back .. singing tunes from Rock Band LMAO
WOW! That's a LOTTA water!!!
not seeing much on the news about your area, just LA. glad to hear that you are safe! stay that way!!!
I am glad you are safe.
I will be thinking of you in the days to come!
thanks for updating!! I've been glued to CNN for two straight days. those photos are amazing - so glad you all are doing well :)
Holy crapola! I hope things are dying down now, glad you are okay...
so glad you're safe (and high and dry!)...been thinking of you all weekend!
Glad to hear you are safe. How scary! That is a heck of a lot of water. Take care!
Thanks for the love on my Flickr account for my layout.
Wow, that's some crazy flooding, glad to hear your ok! Stay dry!
oh girl, i'm sooo thinking about you and your family!! take care!! ;)
OMGosh!!!!!1
That's some scary stuff their, glad yall stayed high and dry.
WOW!! That is a LOT of rain!!! I'm so glad to know that it's not as worse as it could have been, and will be thinking of you guys as you try and get everything back to normal.
Whoaaaaa! That's scary scary! Thanks for all the pics. Sorry about any damage to the rental. I know that's gonna be work getting it all cleaned up. Thank God that it's not as bad as it could have been. Glad to hear that you guys are high and dry though. Hang in there! XO
YIKES*!*
We just got a little wind and rain this time. Glad you are A O K *!*
Cantore = Gogglicious ;)
WOW! that is something! Glad to hear that you are high and dry!
Holy crap I need to get your blog in my head more! I always forget!
Hang tight girl! :) Hang tight!
OMG - I can't even imagine! I am glad that you are safe and dry! I hope that it definitely stays that way and the flooding stops.
How bad was the damage?? We thought about you and sent good thoughts from up here. And so glad you like the necklace!!
WOWSERS!!! DANG Gustav!!
Wow girl, im glad you guys are ok !!
Hugs XXXX
Post a Comment