Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I survived Mardi Gras 2009

This is going to be a random LONG post. I decided right before Mardi Gras to take a blogging break so bare with me.



Let’s start with Mardi Gras shall we? What a wild ride. I went with 6 of my close guy friends and it ended up 9 of us by the time the weekend was over. We had such a blast. I forgot how much fun it is since I gave it up 10 years ago. Mardi Gras use to be my favorite “holiday” and now I remember why.



We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans and we had a balcony

We ate at my uncle’s restaurant (the port-o-call)

I consumed lots-o-alcohol

We laughed until our face hurt

I was in utter shock to look over and find Zizzy had fallen off his bar stool and was flopping around on the floor like a fish out of water. THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!! One minute he is there the next he is gone.

I ate enough slices of pizza (the only thing cheap in New Orleans) until it will not hurt my feelings if I never eat another slice the remainder of this year.

I attended my first Lords of Leather Mardi Gras ball. That was amazing. The head dresses I cannot even begin to describe. Some over 20 feet tall and 10 to 15 feet wide.

Here are some pics from their site.





Random shots ...but this is the only ones i can show..lol





This past weekend was the motley crue concert. Elizabeth and I headed to New Orleans again with a pit stop at the cat’s meow first. That is always a good time. Cat’s Meow is a karaoke bar on Bourbon St.

The Crue was great but Hinder and Theory of a Deadman SUCKED ! We should have stayed at Cat’s for a while longer.

I will post pics of that in another post...i need to find what i did with my camera first to get them off my card..{deep sigh}

In other news my dearest friend Simone is selling her Nikon camera (only used to take about 10 pictures) for a killer price so be sure and check it out before it is gone.



This month Noel is the sponsor for

Inspired Blueprints Sketches so make sure you participate for a chance to win a $40.00 gift certificate to her store. I know this next kit release will make you oh so happy.



Here is my take on the sketch.


And here are some things I have been working on with the Nightingale kit.



This was using IB sketch #9


This was a postcard dearest Rhi Rhi sent me. Isn't it great? Love that girl!!






This kit has been so much fun to play with.

I think that is all for now. I have been living life and loving every minute of it.

Now to get some of these pics printed so I have something to scrap would be a good thing.

if you made it this long god bless you!!


12 comments:

Adrienne said...

Glad you had a great time!! Love the LO's!

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl!! Looks like you had an amazing time. I've always wanted to go, one day!! Love all the scrappies!!

Deana said...

Looks like LOTS OF FUN! Never been to the REAL Mardi Gras, only the St Louis version... which in itself is crazy. Can only imagine... :-)

Great LO's & glad you're back! :-)

Haberdawoman said...

Lucky girl!
One day we will be able to make the drive to New Orleans (I have not flown since 9-11 when we landed from Seatttle) oh yeah! and our girls need to be older :D
Great to read that you had such a gerat time, good for you girl. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great time! I would LOVE to get to Mardi Gras just once. Maybe someday! Love the layouts!

liz mataraza said...

looks like tons of fun! the dude in the red shorts has some pretty nice legs!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I need to experience a NO Mardi Gras one of these years :)

Cheryl Wray said...

Okay, I have totally not been by here in FOREVER...sorry...but I'm glad I popped by today so I could hear about your Mardi Gras adventure!! I love NO, but haven't been back since Katrina. I'm seriously thinking a trip there is in order.

The layouts are GREAT!

Unknown said...

Wecome home girlfriend! Looks like you had a great time. I've never been to Mardi Gras. It sounds and looks amazing!

Noel said...

"Lords of Leather"...bwaahhhaaaaahhhaaa!!!! You always make me laugh my friend! Have a great weekend!

Christiane said...

sound like tons of fun!! LOL love the shots, stories and layouts!! hugs!!

Josie said...

I so miss Greta, we need to catch up soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
new orleans sounds like a blast.