Mason is like Melana he loves to draw, color, paint anything artsy however he doesn't do it as often as her. Melana will fill up a sketch pad in 2 days with drawings of all sorts of things. Mason not so much. Well for her birthday from my aunt she received some paints and watercolor stuff along with some of her own brushes and so on....last night these 2 were going to town with there art. i walked over to the table and i said Mason what are you drawing buddy he said oh this is my version of Starry Night. First I was looking at him like he was silly because of the fact that 1) he knew about Starry Night 2) how does he know about Van Gogh. It's not like i can afford any of those paintings...lol and 3) his version is amazing for being 8.

Mason's Version

Van Gogh's Painting.
So he tells me a bit about Van Gogh and asked me who was my favorite and i said as a matter of fact i really dig Van Gogh's work and named a few others that is eye candy for me.
Happy Hump Day!
7 comments:
So cute! What a little artist! :)
Wow!! That is so cool that he even knew who Van Gogh is, let alone paint his own masterpiece! Frame that baby for sure!
Great job with the painting, Mason!
Holy cow - how wicked!!! And yeah, how amazing that he knows about VanGogh - these days kids only know stuff they can play on ds...LOL
Well done Mason!
I'm telling you, there is nothing more awesome than a creative kid!What Kim said above...I totally agree. Some kids just don't know what to do unless it involves a video game. You just can't beat that look on a kid's face when they create something they are truly proud of. I just LOVE that!
Mason, that is awesome! I saw that painting in person a few months ago and dude, you nailed it! I can't wait to see more :)
You tell your little man that he totally got that Van Gogh figured out! I would gladly hang Mason's masterpiece on my wall anyday!
OK, that is the coolest ever! Wonderful work, Mason!
Post a Comment