Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Say it isn't so???

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
sorry this one is blurry I was trying to get closer... anyway..
Bright and early this morning I get a call from daycare telling me they think Melana has another staph infection. What? You have got to be kidding me! So I tell Mary to draw a ring around it at least 4 cm away from where the redness stops and if it spreads call me. In the meantime I send my MIL to daycare with Atarax (of course she is alergic to benedryl it makes her crazier than a bed bug)for them to give her so she will quit scratching it. By the time my MIL gets to daycare they call me back and tell me it has went outside the lines. Great... right? So i call the dr.'s office they tell me to bring her in...I get there and he looks at it and does his thing and informs me that he Melana is a carrier of staph in her nose. WTF? So now not only do I have to apply bactroban on her infected area but i have to put it in her nose as well...yeah she is going to love me. Dr. M gave me Septra because it's the only oral medicine that is non resistant to MRSA. Geez..hopefull we won't end up in the hospital like last time. On a bright note Melana is happy about taking medicine. She loves it. I think I am raising a junkie. Sometimes I think she makes up stuff so she can have some medicine. Isn't that crazy?

Hope everybody's hump day is going better than mine.

xoxoxo

18 comments:

Linda said...

oh no!! I hope she is all better soon.

Anonymous said...

aww poor girl! As for the medicine, Ian's the same way, but I read somewhere its because they make medicine for kids sweet tasting, like candy, you know bubble gum flavor, berry, grape...so that could explain it, at least that's what I'm telling myself so I won't think I'm raising a junkie myself, haha. Ian knows even what medicine I give him for what ailment. He has a throat spray that is grape, he will see the bottle and say "My throat hurts mommy" or his Children's Tylenol is bubble gum flavored and he'll say "I have a fever" or"I Have a headache mommy" if he sees the bottle, lol. I literally keep his medicine hidden in my top shelf of my closet because I overlyw orry since he knows how to climb up to the medicine cabinet, lol

Anonymous said...

that sucks, I hope that mess goes away,, quick

sarah said...

awww...poor sweet girl.
hope she gets better quickly and doesn't need to go to the hospital!

Tan said...

Oooh...not a good Wednesday for you then. I hope your little girl is better soon.

Anonymous said...

GEESH! What the hell Greta!!!!!!!!!

I hope she feels better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Poor kid! I have never heard of anyone allergic to Benedryl??!!

Melissa said...

awww man that so does not rock...hope everything gets cleared up ASAP

Anonymous said...

Hi,I have been reading your blog and had to say That looks sore
Its a nice blog Thanks for sharing
Wish you well(hope she heals quickly

Anonymous said...

Hope she is feeling better!!!

Alli's Mom said...

Shit, that sucks. Alli is the same way, she is a medicine junkie. She loves to take it. Hope she is all better soon! Poor thing!

Cheryl Wray said...

Well, yuck, that just stinks! I hate that she--and you!!--are going through this. Hope it gets better SOON!!

Renee said...

That's not good. Hope she gets better soon.

Unknown said...

omg...Can't believe that, didn't know it was so common, thought it was a fluke before! Yuck-ola.
Hope baby girl feels better real soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, we have sooo much in common. Weird things going on with our daughters. I spent the day at the dr/hospital too. Hope lil one gets better quick. Regarding the medicine, mine is the same way-she LOVES IT!! On a bright note, at least you don't have to hold them down to get them to take it. On a negative note, we have got to hide every medicine bottle in the house.

Cinderella said...

I have had stalph infections and I too carry it in my nose lol..The doctor said everyone has stalph on their skin, their nose and so on but it chooses to activate in some people at certain times. They itch, they suck!! I feel for her...I hope it goes away fast..poor little thing.

beki said...

Poor girl! I hope she's better now.

Just Me said...

ok...that sucks...but if you look at this picture real quick it looks like a boob...