Monday, August 04, 2008

Refreshed and Refined

i am back..my kids are back...i am refreshed...and it feels good!
They came home yesterday and i couldn't get to my moms fast enough to see them. I am however going to miss the showers with no interruptions :)

I came home friday to find my box from Pink Paisley waiting on me. i was soooo happy. A few weeks back i participated in the blog hop to see what everyone of the DT members were doing with the new release and i actually won a prize. They sent me the whole line to the harvest moon and i am estatic. i cannot wait to get some free time to play with it. That was very kind of them to do that and i am so happy i won. ekkk!!!



This is something i worked on this week while the kids were gone. they were having a crop at TS and i saw this make and take put up by Sara (a DT member) and i fell in love with it...i knew i had to do it. so Voila here is my layout on an embroidery hoop. Speaking of TS i entered a contest over there that is 6 weeks long and i made it to round 1 now i am on pins and needles to see if i made it on to round 2....YIKES!! it will be announced tomorrow along with the new challenge!

lately my head has been filling with lots of things i want to do and ideas but i am always in my car where i cannot jot it down. those of you who know me will know as fast as i think of something i will lose it as well if i don't write it down....i am always battling with myself...one of these days i shall get my shit together. until then i will keep being a scatter brain. {deep sigh}

This week over at SYC the fabulous Elizabeth is reigning queen and she has slam dunked the challenge in the hole...go check it and play!


15 comments:

Virginia said...

I am so the same way about ideas. I've started keeping a little notebook and a pen in the passenger's seat next to me in the car & jotting down ideas when I'm stopped at a light or something. It seems all my best ideas come to me when I'm driving or in the shower. Hehe

Lisa said...

I'm glad you are refreshed! You must post pics of your prize. I love the embroidery hoop, I have several dozen of those things, now I have something to so with them. TFS

Noel said...

Wow...congrats on the new stuff! Now i know what I WON't be sending you in Oct. LOL!

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on winning all that Pink Paislee yumminess - lucky girl!! Love what you did with the embroidery hoop too!

Unknown said...

what you will miss a shower with no kids hanging outside the door> Heck my boys still think that is the time they ALWAYS need something ONLY mom can get!

elizabeth said...

that hoop turned out sooo cute!

you must post pics of what you got from pink paislee.

Regan said...

sweet project!!

Anonymous said...

I hate you LOLOL .. I want that free shyt you have .. girl congrats on that .. and love your lil project you did that turned out soo freakn good.

sarah said...

so glad to hear you're refreshed from your kid free week! :)

now, show us your pink paislee goodies!

Jude said...

uninterrupted shower? what in the heck is that???

Dana said...

I can not wait to see what you do with that delicious pink paisley paper! Jealous!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

I love the hanger with you and hubby. Glad you had such a nice time without the kiddoes, but I know how it is when you get to missing them.

liz mataraza said...

wow...all that pink paislee for free! awesome! congrats!

love the hoop layout. very cute! glad you are refreshed and refined and hope you made it to round 2!

Anonymous said...

Let's see the goodies! I just received an oval hoop in the mail wonder if I could do something in it? It is hard trying to get my beads to hold on to the layout...Waiting for the glue gun to warm up...I'll get them suckers fixed to that layout if it kills me...PS...I do a voice recording on my phone when I have no pen and paperor am driving in the car.

Karen Brooks said...

I love that embroidery hoop LO - I must lift that!!! As for being scatterbrained - I thought I was queen of scatterbrained honestly. I do the same crap - I'm driving somewhere and my head is just spinning with stuff I wanna do on LO's and cards - I was told to get one of those mini recorders to carry with me but my luck the batteries would be dead when I tried to use it!! LOL Love ya girlie!!! Muah!!!