Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Getting what I deserve

ETA: i was and honor student as well ...i by no means made bad grades most A's some B's occasionally...


My mom use to tell me..."just wait until you have kids, I hope they act just like you".

Guess what? You got you wish mother...that damn Melana is bad...but i can honestly say she is a different kind of bad than I was...and mom agrees....

Melana's mouth is what is going to get her in the most trouble. She tells me shit like you getting on my nerves, sticks her tongue out at me and rolls them eyes, she is a whiner, constantly whining about something, if she doesn't get her way she falls out and flops around like a fish....SHE IS 3 PEOPLE...I can see she is going to spend alot of time grounded like i was.

I for the most part was a good child...it was the pre-teen (i think they call it something stupid like tween now)years and teen years that I gave my mother all the gray hair she has.

I pulled shit like this:

Sneak out the window (at roughly the age of 11 on...)and go "party" with my friends.

I, at the age of 12, pushed my mom's mustang out the driveway and down to the stop sign cranked it up and went joyriding at about 1-2 in the morning.

I would constantly runaway. Ironically years later I started my law enforcement career at the same police department that would be looking for this bad ass habitual offender...lmao looking back it is funny!

i would get suspended from school for fighting (in the 6th grade) and then again in high school....I didn't take any shit off anybody and I still don't...I use to have a very short temper...as I get older it takes a lot more for me to bust now

There is more but I think that is enough insight on my "tween" and teen years.

There is nothing my 2 kids can do when they get older that I already haven't done. I promise you that....which is a good thing...good because i know what to look for..i know the tricks and the scams....oneil on the other hand was a good boy who did what he was told so he will be nieve to all the signs like my mother...

see mom it is a good thing i was like that....you just didn't know it at the time...bwhahahahaha!!! She is wanting to slap me right now rest assured!

My mom finally got it in her head that I was so bad and just didn't care on top of it...i knew i would be in trouble but i didn't care...what's another month or two grounded...i would just sneak out again when i felt like it....i shit you not i was grounded for 1 year and 1 month straight.....yep...and then i would get off and be right back on it within hours...

she thought i was on drugs..she said i had to be on drugs because no child in their right mind would act like i did. So she loaded me up at 3 in the morning after one of my episodes i pulled and off to the hospital we went for them to test me. Much to her amazement she found out I was NOT on drugs...none, zilch, nada....i was bad but drugs just didn't appeal to me. i am a strong willed person and if I say i am not going to do something i mean it...so i didn't have peer pressure trouble. I think she was relieved but in the same token as horrible as it sounds she prolly wished i would have been on something so she would have something to blame all my badness on. LOL...not funny but it is funny!!!

I want to know...where you bad as a teen or were you and "angel". What did you use to do?

13 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I smoked and drank as a teen, but I never wanted to get in trouble, so I was always careful to watch my back. No criminal record for me!!

Gina said...

I was always the good child...
I suck at being a parent becasue I spent so much time being good, I now want to f%&k up as an adult!? I want to trade in my kids for a 2 bedroom condo in LaJolla and hang out with artsy types...

sarah said...

bad girl greta!
haha.

I was good...
except for the back talking.
I was a BIG back talker...
still kind of am a little bit.
oops. :)

Toya said...

you bad bad girl, lol, I was a forced angel, my mom was NOTORIOUS, legendary known for being SUPREME DIVA/BITCH where I grow up, and she knew everyone and everyone knew her, so I couldn't even breathe without her finding out, lol
I'm so grateful, she ruled with an iron fist, now that I see those kids that my DH recruit, they should have had my mom to deal with :-)
great post

Cinderella said...

I was good in the sense that I was an honor student, active in clubs and sports, that took up most of my time. I grew up in a single family home with my father and 4 brothers. I was like their mother, I know gross but true. I cooked, cleaned and did the laundry. My father kept a tight leash on me. Especially b/c I was his only daughter.

The only thing I did as a teenager was have a boyfriend for 5 years behind my fathers back. Yes 5 years!! I have no clue how I pulled that off!! When I would skip soccer practice and do the horizontal limbo dance I was so afraid of getting pregnant that I would make my boyfriend wear 2 condoms!! Plus I was on the pill (another thing I did without my father knowing). He would have killed me!! LOL..Atleast I was responsible, right? Yeah, I'm a slut, so what!! LOL

As an adult I am more free spirited. I want to do things I missed out on. My kids are pretty good for the most part. My son is in the terrible 2's right now though. He spends a lot of time on 'Time Out's'..it's all I can do to him at this age.

Hang in there girl!!

Melissa said...

well i guess I was a "good" girl..in the sense that I was an honor student, was involved in lots of 'extra' clubs and activities. But because of this my mom was very trusting of me and let me stay out late ext. (probably because we were so close and I told her every single detail) ;) lol

Unknown said...

I was a total angel! (because I was deathly afraid of my mother!!)
But I always looked like that badass kid, but would never step outta line, my mother kept a VERY short leash.
It was that look of death that got me everytime, she never yelled, just glared and told me how "disappointed" she was....still gives me a shiver.

flounder said...

First off, your daughter needs a good kick in the ass. That'll straighten her out.

As for me, I had a mohawk in high school. I wasn't a punk rocker, just a football player.

I went to parties and drank beers like everyone else my age, but I never really got into trouble. My parents like to remind me that I was their most expensive child, though. What can I say, I have good taste.

Adrienne said...

ROFLOL< you want me to admit that....in WRITING!? lol....

Stacy said...

I was a good girl, scared to let the parents down. I came from an itsy-bitsy community though and parents often knew trouble was brewing long before it actually occurred. We couldn't get away with anything, if we tried! (aunt margaret, twice removed from the family would hear from ethel across the street, who overheard at the grocery from the check-out girl, who heard from her grandson that a party was brewing...would reach my parents in record time! And, the party would become just a dream at that point. DONE.)

Ironically, however, my daughter is a mini version of my husband. And HE was NaUgHtY! So...my question is -- what the hell did I do to deserve that?? :) Just kidding, I get what I deserve. And, the charachter and antics that both my husband and my daughter make me smile. Ornery, ornery!! And, one day soon. They may both make me crazy!! I hope I'll be ready....

Renee said...

I was a good girl; you probably saw that one comin', huh? I'm hoping my girls follow suit.

Anonymous said...

Oh I was bad....but not as bad as you!! LOL!!

I ran away once and my dad told me if I came home he'd build me my own bathroom all to myself in my bedroom. I came home, but only shortly, he only put in a shower!! NO TUB! DAMN!

But anyway, I was bad, got drunk for the first time at 14, snuck out of the house just to see if I could do it, I could. Oh what fun!

Crafty Connie said...

On the surface I was good but underneath I was bad. Like the times I would sneak out of the house in the middle of the night to just walk around with friends for the thrill of it. Or the time in senior year when myself and some friends told our parents that we were going for the weekend religious retreat (I went to an all girl Catholic h.s.). We really did the one day retreat and checked ourselves into a local hotel for the weekend. To this day I don't think that my parents knew that I did that.