Monday, August 11, 2008

alrighty then...

Normally i don't wish the weekends away but this one i did...the only great thing about this weekend was dinner and a movie with my sister and mom for my mom's birthday on the 6th...we went to the Dock and ate...scenery was gorgeous...and i mean GORGEOUS...overlooking the lake and a band it was a good time...the food however i thought sucked...it wasn't worth the money for sure...maybe they were having an off night..who knows...and i forgot my freaking camera...i was miffed....then we went and saw sisterhood of the traveling pants 2. That movie was so good..now i need to see the first one..LOL...it was a toss up between that one and Mama Mia...i told them we need to do this once a month...it was a good time.

Also on the 6th was Colleen's (un) birthday.....Happy (un) birthday girly... **muah**

Noel is having a week long here. Everything is on sale including kits...woo hoo!!!

Sunday we got the our rental house ready for the new tenants to move in...that is a load off... so much to be done and so little time.. Working cramps my style !

this week at SYC is vellum...yep break it out and use it up...

peace out!

10 comments:

Anna M said...

The first "Pants" movie is good, too!

At least you got to spend time with your sis and mom!

Maybe, just maybe I'll participate at SYC. You know, I don't scrap, I just like to say I do. LOL!

Aimee said...

i think the dock sucks too. we went with family one night. i hated mine & it made me sick & darren thought his sucked too. everyone else said there's was iffy at best. good place for drinks, music & atmosphere but not food :P

Jude said...

Vellum, man, I think I put it all in my goodbye box already.. that stuff sat fo far too long!LOL. :) Sorry about the stinky dinner, I hate pating for bad food!

Noel said...

good for you getting out with mom and sis. You totally need to do a girls night once a month...keep you sane! LOL!

Gina said...

I would write a follow up letter to the restaurant telling that you had a referral for mom's bd and that you were disappointed but did not want to make a scene...That will give them the option of coughing up a comeback certificate or at least 'splainin what happened.

Anonymous said...

hold up..VELLUM? Dang, I don't think I have any, but I got LOTS OF BEADS if anyone is interested...maybe I could trade them boogers for vellum...

Micayla said...

Vellum..............I thought that died and went to scrap hell! I am sure I have some somewhere though!!
I think I am having a girlie trip to the cinema and tea out with my sis and mum this week too!

jan williams said...

How great that you were able to do Mother daughter time!!! I love going to the movies, I just dont get to go much!

Linda said...

Whoo Hoo! I'm glad you rented the house! That's great! And that you had a GNO! Only wish you and I could have one! Sigh..someday!

Anonymous said...

Mama Mia is one of the few plays i've actually seen, which ended up being great...