Sunday, January 28, 2007

Busy Bee!

I have had so much going on that I really haven't been able to do a "real" post so I have alot to share.

Let's start with last weekend:

I went down to moms so we could finish her recipe cards that we did for a swap that Simone hosted. Mom wasn't there when I got there so I saw dad working on mom's house. I decided being the carpenter I am (chuckle) I would help him. (for those of you who don't know mom and dad are rebuilding their house do to Hurricane Katrina. The house took on 8 feet of water) So anyway, We put up the boards to the right side of the house. Then of course we had to knock off so we could go watch the football game.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Good lord ms. claude I cannot be wearing that shirt anymore...it is sooo not flattering...(GASP!)

okay moving on: Mason decided he thought that Rhonda (my Honda) needed to be a Hummer so he took it upon himself to take the stickers off of this
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and put them on the side of Rhonda
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
complete with the turn signal and all....needless to say I was some kinda mad when i saw those stuck to my brand new car. It took me a day to notice it.

This is just some pics of us last weekend when we went out.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is my Drew...he is one of my best buds.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and this is my Mike...he has been my best friend for 25 years and I wouldn't trade him for the world.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and of course this is my "boo boo". He is also my best friend.
Good grief I am looking a hot mess! Oh well drink another you start to look real good!!
And now for the good stuff: This is why I have not been blogging that much. I have been to busy with creating.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a becky fleck sketch for January. I just loved this sketch and new I had to do it. The room underneat the photo is for my journaling. I haven't been able to quite sum up 25 years of friendship in that little bitty space.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is my cover for my CHA book I am doing about my trip to Chicago. I decided I would try a new technique with the Heat and stick and glitter. Now normally I would try and stay away from glitter because of the big mess it makes but I decided I would give it a whirl and can you say ADDICTED. I love it!
Next up is 2 pages I did to put in it. One is of my plane tickets and the other is of my blog buds I finally got to meet live and in person.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I still have alot left to do in that book such as when Simone took us to the white trash karaoke bar. That was soooooo much fun. Oh the sights we saw and the songs that were sang was way to hysterical.
This is a card using the bleaching technique that is also quite addicting.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I used the stamp set that Stampin Up sent all the demonstrators for Christmas. It is NOT yet available until Spring. I love this set.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is coasters I have been collecting from Chili's and Outback and any other place that might have them within arms reach. I am not finished with it but almost.

Well now that I have made this post so freaking long I am going to bed!

14 comments:

Bare said...

Woo-hoo! I'm first!!! Yay!

Ok, composing myself-- I LOVE the pics! Glad you got to help out with building :0) If I did something like that, it wouldn't be pretty *LOL*.

I love the new scrapbook pages. You give me such great ideas! *hugs*

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Wow, I am super impressed by all that awesome scrappin!

Adrienne said...

You have been busy girl! Love all the scrappin...I need to do that soon lol

beki said...

Wow woman, you really have been a busy bee! Impressive.

Renee said...

Cute coaster idea. Well, it's all cute actually!

Unknown said...

You are officially busier than me...You were building a house!
Went to the karaoke bar Friday, place was packed, you would have loved the music selections that night, hysterical!

sarah said...

Dang girl, you've been busy! Love all the scrappy stuff you created! and sorry you were mad, but the stickers on your car make me laugh :)

sarah said...

aw, rhonda looks so pretty with those stickers. :)

dang...you have been a busy bee.
love all the stuff you're creating.
snagging coasters is an excellent idea! nice!

Cheryl Wray said...

I absolutely LOVE all of your creations! I'm lovin the big glittery CHA!! How fun is that??!!
The pics of you and your buddies are all SO cute!!

Melissa said...

you have been busy busy girl

that 'love' project is too cute!!

and lol at the hummer stickers ;)

Leslie said...

that coaster thing is freakin awesome! lesfitz

Josie said...

I dont' know what was funnier, the stickers on the car or day for you to notice :0)
You have been busy scrappin! Love all your new goodies...I so wish I could have me you at CHA Chicago

Cinderella said...

Your pictures are always soooo adorable!! Your teeth look sooo straight already!!

I would have been some kind of mad if my kiddo stuck those stickers on my brand new car aswell!! I hope they came off easily for ya!!

Gina said...

I was hopin to catch up on 2 weeks of not blogging but the baby just took a dump and I did not get the first sip of my wine...I wish I looked as hot a mess as you! MAC cosmetics are high up on my list of stuff I MUST have in 2 weeks!